Monday, April 25, 2016

Are you addicted to social media?

There are a couple profound things you will notice when you step foot on a college campus. One being that we usual look dead tired and usually have a coffee in our hands and another thing you will notice is how many people are looking at their phones, either texting, scrolling instagram or facebook, and maybe even snapchatting. I mean other than the fact of the obvious possible dangers to staring at your phone will walking there are some other concerns. The question is are we addicted to social media? I feel like I might be. I have anxiety just thinking about not checking instagram in more than 14 hours I can't imagine how I would feel if I only checked it once a week. I would say this is true for the majority of social media users. I think the aspect that we are addicted to is the idea of being "plugged in" as social beings we have a natural want to be in the loop and know about our peers. I think the addiction is more about being plugged in and wanting to stay updated with what everyone is doing. Also some of us do it just for fun of course, or to kill time and that is very understandable, but I think for myself it is more about staying connected and within the group. Social media allows us to be social with hundreds, thousands of people without even leaving our bed, that's the beauty of social media!

So tell me, would you consider yourself addicted to social media? And if you are what part is so attractive to you, or what do you think you're addicted to? I'd love to know, comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment