Thursday, April 7, 2016

Bloggers blog about blogging

Hey everyone, it's Grace coming at you again with my second blog post ever! 















I will be responding to Tiffany B. Brown's interview about her own blogging experience. What first stood out to me about Tiffany was her passion and expression. She says multiple times throughout her interview that she blogs for fun and to either tell her readers about things that make her happy or make her upset. I feel like that's attractive in a blogger, you want to read about content from an author that is excited about that they are writing about.  I like how she is very relatable, she has a normal day time job and uses blogging as her hobby. She says she does make some nice extra spending money through advertisements, but she does acknowledge the fact that she doesn't think she will ever be a professional blogger, even though she would love that. Even though this is a hobby for Tiffany, she admits that her blog has helped her in her career, landing interviews and getting face time with recruiters. I think that is it really cool that even a hobby that seems as pointless and "low key" could be interesting to supervisors looking for employees. Tiffany likes to write several different topics including feminism, race issues, and wine. I like how she is relatable and passionate! 



Thanks for reading and I look forward to your interactions! :) 

Best, 
Grace 

1 comment:

  1. I know of several instances in which people's hobbies-- like blogging, writing record reviews and DJing-- leading to job opportunities. And, in fact, several of the students who have taken this class over the years have landed jobs that required them to blog (or maintain social media) for employers.

    ReplyDelete